Monday, September 1, 2014

Tomato and Basil Soup

It’s Moulis Legume time! We even sing a song that Num has made up with Moulis Legume as the chorus. Soups and apple sauce time of year. After a month or so, of very regular use, the Moulis goes back to the basement for another 11 months. A quick Tomato Basil soup. I have to say here that I did not measure anything! 2 - 3 lb tomatoes - I used a mix of tomatoes from the garden, local San Marzano - rough chopped 3 medium sized onions, roughly chopped 3/4 garlic cloves, sliced 3 nice top sprigs of Basil Olive oil Saute onions and garlic together until clear, add tomatoes, chopped basil and salt and pepper. I also add a pinch of cayenne, I like the heat and it enhances the flavor. Simmer together for 30 - 40 minutes. Let cool. Pass the mix through the Moulis Legume. Put back in pot, add 2 - 3 cups of chicken stock, tablespoon of organic sugar. In one batch I added a tablespoon of tomato puree. Simmer together for another 20 minutes. You could add some cream, I prefer not too. Serve with Parmesan cheese. I like this soup Hot and Cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment