Saturday, October 19, 2013

Full Moon over Lenox Avenue

Last night was a Full moon lunar eclipse. It definitely felt like Luna was pulling us all in different directions. I got home from setting up a catering job, and just knew that cooking dinner was not an option. Fortunately, we now have some options for food and take out in Harlem now. It has changed most in the last year. We now have Harlem Shake - although I insist on calling it Harlem Shuffle. Through the summer we have been a couple of times, sat outside enjoyed the sights and sounds. I ordered our food, we have favorites, I like the barbecue onion burger, Num the Chil Cheese dog with onions, last night I tried the Classic Chicken Sandwich which is a new favorite. Very yummy. I stepped outside and stood by a table while I waited. I knew I wanted to get a shot of the Full Moon. A young lady came and asked if she could join me, we chatted for a minute as you do with strangers. She pulled out her kindle/ipad and started reading, laughing. She told me she was reading Fifty Shades of Gray, and loving it, it is funny she told me. I immediately thought of all my friends at Knopf/Vintage. Harlem Shake filled up, lots of young people, a multi racial community. I took this photo looking across Lenox. I remembered a time when the lights of the Lenox Lounge were a beacon in the dark nights of Harlem. That and Sylvia's. Now there are lights and people everywhere and more to come... i

No comments:

Post a Comment