Saturday, February 23, 2013

Turkey Lasagna

In our house we eat a lot of chicken and turkey. Over the years I have learnt to adapt some of my heartier recipes that ask for beef, lamb or pork to turkey. Which doesn’t mean I prefer the turkey! Believe me when I say that Turkey shepherds pie is just not the most tantalizing meal, and not one worth repeating. Turkey Ragu works well though... I think it is because of the turkey meats ability to take absorb the ragu flavors. Turkey the placebo of meats... I prefer the ground turkey breast to the mix of thigh and breast, texturally it is better. 2 onions, chopped 2 sticks celery chopped into 1/4- 1/2 inch pieces 2 sides of red pepper chopped into similar size to celery 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped 1 thai chili finely chopped - optional, I add the chili for the flavor and immune boost Herbs - of your choice, I like to change the herbs each time.. I 28oz can of chopped tomatoes 1/4 cup of tomato paste Ground turkey, preferably breast. 1 1/4 lb 1 tub ricotta No cook lasagna - 1 box 1 cup grated mozzarella Now to start layering in your lasagna dish. I like to use a marinara sauce for the bottom of the dish. I like Raos, but use your own favorite. Layer the lasagna sheets, alternation with the sauce. 2 or 3 times. On the top layer, spread the ricotta evenly, topped with the final lasagna sheets. Gently pour the Bechamel over and generously sprinkle the grated mozzarella on top. Bake in 350 oven for 45 minutes or until golden on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment